Monday 24 September 2007

New stamps!

A few weeks ago I came over all peculiar and decided to apply for a place on a DT. Nowt wrong with that except that I chose a rubber stamping company and I'm still quite new to the whole RS thing so it was an odd decision, really! Not sure what that was all about - lol!

Anyway, I didn't make the team BUT I did get a gift voucher to spend on stuff from their online store as a 'thank you' for applying. Just how sweet was that? So, here's a card using two of my new stamps:



I've used the large paisley backgrounder stamp to emboss with Versamark and clear EP on white cardstock and then swiped Whispers Sugarloaf green over it and buffed with a tissue to take excess ink off the embossing. The main image is Daisy Jar coloured using the Prismacolour pencils and Sansodor technique (same stuff as Gamsol if you happen to be using American products). As I made this to fit a challenge over at CBC, I've added a daisy charm attached to wire wrapped round the central panel. The charm had a gem in the centre that didn't fit the colour scheme so I prised it out and replaced with a dot of 3D paint.

Check out the range of stamps at Cornish Heritage Farms - the quality is fab and I already have several more on my wish list! The range of background stamps is just amazing!

I have a couple more cards I've made with other stamps I got, I'll try to remember to blog those soon!

Supplies: Daisy Jar and Large Paisley Backgrounder (both CHF), Ranger Archival jet black, Whispers Sugarloaf green, Clearsnap chalk azurite inks, Prismacolor pencils (peacock blue, sienna brown, canary yellow, grass green, true green, light cerulean blue), Sansodor, charm, wire.

11 comments:

Hazel said...

What a beautiful card - love the stamp and the way you've watercoloured. Will have to have a look on that site.

Janice said...

for someone who claims not to know much about stamping you have certainly made a beautiful card Joanne.

Andrea, said...

Great card, love the colouring

Dollydimps said...

Lovely card Joanne-it was lovely for them to send you a "consolation prize"

Leigh said...

Beautiful card, aw how lovely it was of them to send you the voucher.

Kaz said...

Gorgeous card Joanne, I love that background stamp, I'm loving that technique too lately.

mum-on-the-run said...

Love your card Joanne, your colouring looks great!!

Alhambra Club said...

What a wonderful card, love your image and your coloring is wonderful. How great that they sent you a gift voucher.

Kathy said...

well done you on giving it a go!

Your new stamps look fab

Unknown said...

Those stamps are FAB Joanne. Well done on having a go for the design team. Their loss, your work is great!

Anonymous said...

Card is gorgeous!! well done buddy.
Thanks for sharing the beauty.
www.lifeinfozone.com/category/misc/rubber-stamping/