Monday 22 October 2007

Circle of Friends

Happy Birthday Daring Cardmakers!

DCM is celebrating its first birthday by revisiting the very first dare which took the theme of friends. To reflect the way DCM has grown, this week's dare expands on that first dare and we've been asked to make a 'circle of friends' card by including at least one circle in the card design. Here's mine:



The circle is vellum with the words if friends were flowers... written in white gel pen. I've stamped the daisy jar and cut it out then tied a little tag around the neck with raffia. I inked a little shadow underneath and did a bit of piercing at the corners to finish off.

Thanks girls, the dares are great fun and we all appreciate the time you take in setting it up every week!

Supplies: Daisy Jar stamp (Cornish Heritage Farms), vellum, gel pen, Prismascolour pencils and Sansodor, raffia

Oooh, I forgot! Both Nicola (dollydimple) and Debbie (bubblegum) have nominated me for the smile award thing. Thanks girls! There are so many of you out there who make me smile that I'm not going to do the nomination of 10 thing - I do hope you'll forgive me. I'd just feel rotten drawing up a shortlist! So if you're reading this, consider yourself someone who makes me smile :o)

24 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow wonderful simply Card. Lokks great.

Andrea, said...

Beautiful card, I love that stamp

Kathy said...

awwww this is so pretty Joanne! and I love the little tag! We do really enjoy doing the DCM thing, you know - and having so many people come and play each week is great fun - so thank you for joining in!

Saffa said...

OOh this is lovely I love your hand written sentiment and the stamp is lovely !

Paula J Atkinson said...

Very beautiful. Love the stamp.

Nick said...

Lovely card Joanne- beautifully coloured

Courtney said...

What a beautiful card. Wonderful attention to detail. TFS!

Janice said...

Another lovely card Joanne. You like that stamp, don't you. Beautifully made and finished.

Janice

Anonymous said...

Ohhh so pretty !! Very sweet card !

Rika said...

This is pretty!

Keryn Campbell said...

Your card is beautiful. Thanks so much for the personal mention to us on the tag.

Tracey said...

Lovely card!

Lisa Silver said...

I LOVE this design! Great job! I think this is one of my favorite stamps by CHF.

Thanks for sharing!
lisa

Jackie said...

It's lovely Joanne. I love that stamp!

Lavender Rose said...

What a fantastic design, just perfect!

Anne said...

Fresh and pretty, love the sentiment :)

stamp and scrape said...

Very pretty!
Ros

Leann said...

this is so so pretty ~ that stamps gorgeous!

Dawn Wheeler said...

Realy beautiful card ,love the stamp ,Dawnx

Andrea C (Frog) said...

Absolutely gorgeous Joanne.

Andrea x

Karen Mortensen said...

What a fab card!

Lynne said...

Oh Joanne - you have made my day - well probably my whole week really.

Your DCM birthday card is gorgeous, and the reason I know that it looks better in real life ...... cos it fell through my door today.

What a lovely suprise. I have it sitting right beside me, and I have a HUGE smile on my moosh.

Thank you so much .... xx

Samm said...

ahhhh, what a lovely thing to do! it looks fabby!

Samm
x

Gail Is This Mutton? said...

Really lovely, so unusual. I love that daisy jar stamp, have never seen it before.