Wednesday 5 November 2008

Angel Blessings

Well, now we're into November and the days are noticeably shorter, I don't feel quite so apologetic about getting stuck in to Christmas projects! Wednesday is sketch challenge day over at Splitcoaststampers and I thought today's sketch was perfect for an image I coloured in yesterday and had left lying on my desk waiting for further action!

I love the fact you can see the ribbons this little Christmas Angel has used to tie on her wings! Who doesn't know a little girl who likes to dress up with wings every now and again?! She's from the Sandra Kuck line at Cornish Heritage Farms and will be released this Friday (7th November).

I've curved the wings slightly by rolling over a paint brush handle to give them a little dimension and I used a fairly light ink to stamp her (Latte from the Adirondack dye ink range) to keep a delicate effect and let the pencil colouring really take over.

Thanks for stopping by today, hope you enjoyed the card!

Stamps (all Cornish Heritage Farms):
Christmas Angel (Sandra Kuck line, released 7th November 2008)
Christmas Expressions (Mona Lisa Moments line)

Paper:
Nautical Blue light, Blush Red dark (Prism Papers), smooth white

Ink:
Adirondack dye ink by Ranger (Latte)
Tim Holtz Distress ink by Ranger (Fired Brick, Antique Linen)

Other:
Lyra Skintone and Prismacolor pencils/OMS/stump
Detail scissors
Paper piercer
Cuttlebug embossing folder (Textile Texture)
Krylon leafing pen (Pale Gold)

7 comments:

Di said...

Beautiful detail Joanne, a little different from your norm I feel but just a fabulous.

Karen said...

Joanne...that colouring is just amazing...what a talent you have! A very pretty card reminiscent of the old ones I have found in the last few days X

Janice said...

I saw this stamp on one of the Brilliance challenge cards. The colours you have used are more subtle and make it look very soft. I like!

Hazel said...

This is so beautiful - love the colouring - you are such an expert

Gez Butterworth said...

Beautiful colouring Joanne. She looks so life like. What a good idea to curl her wings they look perfect.

Anonymous said...

She's so beautiful. I love the way you stamped her in a softer color, makes so much difference! And speaking of coloring -- it's all perfect here! TFS!

Carla said...

This is absolutely stunning! I love that you stamped her in a lighter color, it just perfect!

Thanks for the advice of how to do cheekes, I think chalk would work much better than my clumsy wc attempt!