Friday 14 August 2009

On the desk

What's on your desk? I bet it's a computer, a printer and a pile of crafty bits! It's probably not an antiquated typewriter and a dip pen ;o) The "On the Desk" stamp set has those though and I've been having fun with them. Julia Stainton is absolutely on a roll at the moment - the stamps she's designing for the Rummage Bin line are all just lovely! I thought it would be fun to have a sheet of paper in the typewriter (one of my DT teamies said "Oooh, great reminder of how a typewriter actually works - I'd forgotten, lol!"). I cut a little slit with a scalpel and threaded the paper through so it looks like it's round the rollers of the machine. I curved it a little over a paintbrush handle too, just for a bit extra dimension. Stamps (Cornish Heritage Farms): On the Desk (Rummage Bin line) AlphaNumber backgrounder Paper: Simply Smooth white (black is done with a marker) Premium weight copy paper Ink: Versacraft by Tsukineko (Black) Tim Holtz Distress ink by Ranger (Weathered Wood) Other: Fiskars circle cutter Staples Copic markers Delving even further back in time, how about a dip pen? Not even my hubby, who loves his fountain pen, goes quite this far! I thought this stamp made a perfect basis for a super-fast and simple notecard. This is really quick to make and absolutely minimal supplies means you could easily make sets of these to give as gifts, too - they'd be fun bundled up with a red ribbon and faux wax seal for presentation, I reckon! Stamps (Cornish Heritage Farms): On the Desk (Rummage Bin line) Cursive Expressions (Mona Lisa Moments line) Paper: Simply Smooth Ink: Versacraft by Tsukineko (Black and Poppy Red) Thanks for stopping by, have a lovely weekend!

13 comments:

Lottie said...

What fabulous ways of using the new stamp plate - I would never have thought of those ideas - great.

tracy said...

joanne those are both lovley :)

powellax1 said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Kaz said...

Gorgeous cards Joanne, I love the simple aspect of them as nothing more is needed with those stamps.

Great idea for a set of them too.

Janice said...

Brilliant stamping. Hmmm, I think I learned to type on something only slightly less antiquated that that typewriter, goodness you did get strong muscles in your little fingers lol!

Traceyr said...

Very crisp stamping on that pen notelet Joanne.

Love the typewriter stamp. I used to love typing but not when it came to correcting mistakes especially when using carbon paper (remember that? lol)

:)

Unknown said...

These are great - I love the stamps on the first card especially!

HannahBanana said...

Love that dip pen stamp. Thank you for the link to a yummy yummy rubber stamp company. x

Darlene said...

Fantastic Joanne ... you are so good with those "little details"!!

Karen said...

OMGosh!!! I learnt to type on one of those!!!! They were ancient even then haha! I love the alphabet background on this superb card Joanne.

ooo how crisp is your stamping on that pen card??? Its very impressive in its simplicity X

scrap-hil-Photo said...

Very original this card! I like a lot
scrap-hil

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Deborah said...

Very cool stamps - and I love what you have done with them.