Monday 19 December 2011

Hippo Birthday

I needed a birthday card for a wee boy so I took Kathy's December sketch from the Sketch File as my starting point. It's a fairly loose interpretation - I treated the embossed word blocks as four of the five strips in the sketch and added the recipient's name as the fifth.

I did try putting a circle behind the hippo but it looked better without.

Stamps: Heloise Hippo (High Hopes)

Paper: Red, white, navy

Ink: Brilliance by Tsukineko (Graphite Black)

Other:
Typeset decorative strip die (Tim Holtz Alterations/Sizzix)
Copic markers
Tracing Wheel
Corner Chomper (We R emory Keepers)
Birthday embossing folder (Cuttlebug)


Thanks for stopping by - hope your Christmas preprations are all under control!

5 comments:

Karen said...

Awe...such a happy hippo & perfect for a liitle boy x

Effie said...

That's one cute hippo!

Deborah said...

Aw, it's adorable. Bet little Rhys will love it.

salamanda said...

Fab card for a boy and great colour combo

mckinkle said...

What a super card! Very inspiring indeed! I really should use my EF much more than I do!

Great use of Kathys Sketch File!

Keryn KWSF DT