Friday 20 June 2014

Round and round

I've had a frustrating couple of afternoons in the craftroom where nothing has worked out quite right, so today I decided to play along with two very "freeform" challenges and not try anything too structured.

This week's mixed media challenge at Splitcoast Stampers is based on painty circles and the Daring Cardmakers asked for some doodling.

I started with a piece of old sheet music and used a pink Neocolour crayon to scribble some rough circles and smuged over them with a damp finger. Then I added some turquoise, yellow and white acrylic paints (again using that highly sophisticated crafters' tool - the index finger). I dipped three different sized lids into black paint and stamped circles with those.

Of course, once it was done I ended up liking the bit I'd trimmed off the main panel more than the panel itself! I turned it into a graphic card just by mounting on a strip of black and cutting the bottom at an angle and mounting it on a crisp white base, finished with a bit of doodling and a stamped sentiment.

Stamp: Journalling Words by The Artistic Stamper

Paper:
Smooth white
Black
Old sheet music

Ink: Brilliance Graphite Black

Other:
Neocolour II water soluble crayons
Acrylic paints
Fineline marker
Corner Chomper

Thanks for stopping by!

9 comments:

Lydia Fiedler said...

That highly sophisticated crafters' tool is one of my faves! :)

Love the saturation of those crayons!

Kath said...

Classy. Love the colours and the shapes.

Svenja said...

Awesome! I love the strong colours. Thanks for sharing your work with the Daring Cardmakers this week!

Karen said...

This is stunning Joanne! My 'tool' seems to be permenantly covered in paint haha! xxx

Gez Butterworth said...

I'm in LOVE !!!!

Oh, Joanne! You ROCKED our dare :D

Anonymous said...

Love your painty circles, the colours go so well against the sheet music. Love those free tools and even better is that we don't have to hunt for them through a messy desk :)

Paula Whittaker said...

great graphic design

Miri said...

Your card is beautiful! Thanks for taking part in the Daring Cardmaker's dare.

Kaz said...

I missed this!! I don't know how because it's gorgeous! xxx