Friday 10 October 2014

Hello!

Gah, what happened to September?! I had a holiday in August so I can excuse myself for that absence but September is another matter!

I've been doing a bit of crafting but nothing I could share. I've just managed a bit of time at the stamping table for a clean and simple card for the current That's Crafty challenge which is to keep it simple. That's Crafty is one of my regular shopping haunts but I tend to forget they host a challenge, too!

These Doc Martens are fun for masculine cards, maybe even for those pesky teenagers! I masked them so
that I could let them overlap the stencilled strip that's acting as an "anchor". As it's a slightly grungy design, I stamped the numbers border through the stencil, figuring that if it didn't make perfect contact at the edges that would be fine (it's actually pretty good, the stencil is not too thick). I doodled round the chevrons as well to make that border a bit more defined.

I finished it off with a few dots of Enamel Accents (not because I needed to cover up a stray ink smudge; who could think such a thing?).

Stamps:
Doc Marten Boots by Deep Red Stamps
Numbers border by Kaisercraft
Essential Messages by Hero Arts

Ink:
Versafine Onyx Black
Distress Mowed Lawn

Other:
Hearts and Arrows stencil by Crafter's Workshop
Black fineline marker
Enamel Accents

Thanks for stopping by, hope you have a lovely weekend!



8 comments:

ElizabethR said...

What a fab stamp that is, love the little dots as well. Elizabeth x

Kath said...

I haven't seen this stamp before. I like what you have done with it. A very masculine card.

SmilynStef said...

What an awesome design ... love it.

Deborah said...

A very cool card,Joanne. Good to see you on the TC challenge blog.

Anonymous said...

Fab card Joanne, love the simple design x

Renee said...

So amazing yet simple!

Anonymous said...

Like you I can't believe how fast the year is galloping past! Fab CAS card, love those Doc Martens :)

jill said...

A great card for a young man. Lovely card