Friday 10 March 2017

Take the rough with the smooth

I'm setting my very first dare over at Daring Cardmakers this week. I'm asking for projects that take the rough with the smooth - combine a rough (or bumpy) element with something smooth/shiny.


I've die cut some circles of sandpaper for my rough texture and added glaze to circles that are inked and domed out for the smooth. There's a bit extra shine as I used Perfect Pearls and a stencil for the background.

The shells have just the tiniest touch of Copic shading but the stamps are detailed enough that they really don't need much doing to them - I do love this set!

Stamps:
Antique Engravings and Say It All (Hero Arts)

Ink:
Brilliance by Tsukineko (Pearlescent Chocolate)
Versamark by Tsukineko
Tim Holtz Distress in by Ranger (Salty Ocean, Peacock Feathers, Tumbled Glass)

Paper:
Smooth white
Sandpaper

Other:
Circle dies (Spellbinder)
Cell Theory 6x6 stencil by Crafters Workshop
Perfect Pearls by Ranger (Forever Blue, Blue Raspberry, Turquoise)
Triple Thick Glaze by DecoArt
Corner Chomper

I'd love it if you could play along with my dare! Thanks for stopping by!

3 comments:

Shabneez said...

Well done on your first dare Joanne! A great inspirational make from you as always. Love your take on it. Shabneez x

Svenja said...

It's lovely, Joanne! I really like the way you "cornered" the theme, and I _need_ that stencil! Love the colours, too.

Debbie said...

really wonderful card