Friday 9 February 2018

Cosy home

Miri has set the challenge for us this week at Daring Cardmakers and she wants to see cosy homes featured on our cards.


There really is an explanation for a Christmas card in February! I’m trying to play along with the Dirty Dozen Christmas challenge at Splitcoast Stampers this year - the idea is to make at least one card per month to a theme set by our hostesses to avoid the mad dash at the end of the year. If you’re a Fan Club member at Splitcoast why not come and join us?

It seems I have a severe shortage of anything house-related in my craft room so when I thought of this stamp for Miri’s DCM theme, I was delighted to find a way to use it, even though it’s a bit unseasonal (and means I must apologise to Kathy, who typically shudders at the mention of making Christmas cards before about September!).

The central image was stamped on a separate piece of card stock, coloured and cut out then stuck on with some gel glue for a bit of lift - it means the card is still flat enough for regular postage but has a bit of something special about it. There's lots of Glamour Dust on the snow drifts and roofs too but as ever with glitter that's a bit difficult to see in the photo, I think.

Stamps:
Snowy Postcard by Stampendous
Grunge Flakes by Tim Holtz/Stampers Anonymous

Paper:
Bristol board

Ink:
Brilliance by Tsukineko (Graphite Black)
Tim Holtz Distress ink by Ranger (Antique Linen, Vintage Photo, Walnut Stain)

Other:
Copic markers
Clear Wink of Stella pen
White Posca paint pen
Pinflair glue gel
Glamour Dust by DecoArt (Crystal)

Thanks for stopping by!

4 comments:

CherylQuilts said...

This is gorgeous, Joanne, and I really love how you've popped the central image. It gives it wonderful dimension. Stunning card, and I am inspired by this one, especially because I have this stamp! Warm hugs!!

Shabneez said...

Loving it Joanne - it has a really vintage, rustic feel to it. Adore the addition of the glamour dust! Shabneez x

Miri said...

It's a very clever idea to start now with the Christmas card production early in the year :-). And a snow covered house is also perfect for a February around here, isn't it.
I also like the vintage feel of your card and the gorgeous house stamp.

Svenja said...

I admire anyone so well-prepared when "that" time of the year comes. Very cosy indeed and I might steal the idea of having vintage-brown snowflakes, that's clever!